WHAT: After a challenging year of navigating the “double pandemic” of COVID-19 and the rise of anti-Asian hate, AARP presents “Leading with a Champion Mind” to celebrate the strength of the AAPI community and bring together generations of AAPI Olympians who embody resilience and excellence. Join AARP on Thursday, December 16 at 3 p.m. EST (12 p.m. PST) for in an uplifting virtual conversation moderated by Olympic gold medalist speed skater, Apolo Ohno and panelists, Olympic gold medalist figure skater, Kristi Yamaguchi and two-time Olympic bronze medalist figure skaters, Alex and Maia Shibutani.
WHO: Speakers will include:
- Apolo Ohno (Moderator), Olympic Gold Medalist, Speed Skater
- Kristi Yamaguchi, Olympic Gold Medalist, Figure Skater
- Alex and Maia Shibutani, Two-time Olympic Bronze Medalists, Figure Skaters
- Ron Mori, Senior Advisor, Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, AARP
WHEN: Thursday, December 16,2021, at 3 p.m. EST (12 p.m. PST)
WHERE: Click here to register. You can join the event by phone or video via Zoom. Link will be provided upon registration.
- Registration Instructions: Fill out your Name, Email, Registration Type (AARP Member or Non-AARP Member), Zip Code, and How You Heard About The Event (Select “Other” and add “TDW+Co”). You may also register for a Guest by clicking “Add a guest”.
If you have additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.