Crossings TV is a multicultural television network serving the Asian American community, primarily with in-language programming, and seen throughout the California Central Valley, Chicago, New York City, San Francisco Bay Area, Seattle, Minneapolis-Saint Paul and Los Angeles.
A Master Control Operator (MCO) is responsible for carrying out the transmission of television programs. An MCO prepares programs and commercial spots in their order according to the time they air in each zone. As the last step in operations, Master Control is a vital piece of delivering programs and advertisements effectively to viewers.
MCO will perform tasks remotely from home office or any location with reliable internet. Must reside in or near Sacramento, CA. Crossings TV will provide laptop/desktop and workstation essentials.
- Home/location office space
- Reliable Internet speed
MCO responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Editing programs to broadcast standards
- Packaging programs and commercials for multiple broadcast markets
- Log in air time of commercial spots
- Monitoring on-air play back of programming on the network
- Troubleshooting equipment malfunctions
- Overseeing day-to-day master control operations as needed
- Conducting some office administrative work
- Excellent attention to detail and double-checking work to minimize errors
- Ability to speak and write in English clearly and professionally
- Technical computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Basic video editing knowledge
- Ability to manage, organize, and prioritize a variety of tasks
- Positive attitude, proactive and open to learn new skills
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to sit and work on computer for long periods of time
- May be asked to lift items up to 30 lbs.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of Asian cultures and/or Asian language
On-the-job training (provided by Crossings TV) includes but not limited to:
- Editing software and playout system
- Basic computer networking skills
- Various file sharing protocols
- Part-Time: 24 hours/week
- Days: Tuesdays, Fridays, & Saturdays
- Hours: 7:00am – 3:30pm (additional hours for emergency)
Compensation and Benefits:
- $12/hour, $14/hour upon completion of training period
- Benefits: 6 days of sick leave per year
How to Apply
To apply for this position, email you latest resume to email@example.com with subject line: Master Control Operator Application.
2-part virtual interview required (one interview with Manager of Master Control, basic computer assessment and second interview to follow on different dates)
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis
About Crossings TV: Crossings TV is a home, giving comfort, empowerment and a sense of belonging to Asian Americans. We broadcast in-language TV programming for 7 Asian groups, including Chinese, Filipino, Hmong, Japanese, Russian, South Asian, and Vietnamese. Crossings TV currently covers 7 major Asian American markets, including California Central Valley (Comcast Xfinity and KBTV8.1 in Sacramento),Chicago (Comcast Xfinity), Los Angeles (Charter Spectrum), Minneapolis/St. Paul (Comcast Xfinity), New York City (Charter Spectrum), San Francisco (Comcast Xfinity) and Seattle (Comcast Xfinity).For more information, visit: www.crossingstv.com