This interactive festival features the #1 Cosplayer in the world Reika, a New Lineup with Cosplayer Contests, Indie band – Coast In The Clouds and more on July 16.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (PRWEB) JULY 08, 2016
The San Francisco Anime Festival and Cosplay (SFAF) is a celebration and access point into the world of anime & cosplay. The SFAF features performances, games and activities that are accessible for both the novice and the advanced cosplayers and anime lovers. We are bringing back special guest, popular Japanese cosplayer REIKA to once again to greet the cosplay audience with personal cosplay mentorship. The SF Anime Festival & Cosplay, in its sixth year, will be held at San Francisco Japantown Peace Plaza and Japan Center East Mall on Saturday, July 16 from 11a to 5p and is FREE to attend.
“This year again, we are happy to help Anime lovers and Cosplay fans to find a home in San Francisco’s Japantown and have access to overseas cosplay stars like REIKA.” says EMW Partners Founder, Ryan Iwasaka.
Events at this year’s festival will include music performances by indie band Coast in the Clouds, anime song dance group Ti@Mi and performances from 2016 SF Cherry Blossom Festival – Sakura 360 Winners.
Local cosplayers with various experience and skills serve as SFAF Cosplay Senpai(Teacher) with few new additions this year including Laura Cee who landed a Honda TV spot as a cosplayer.
Activities will include:
- Returning Guest Reika will host a Cosplay Tutorial Panel “How to make Kimono Cosplay” followed by an autograph session.
- Cosplay Senpai – The Cosplay Senpai booth area is a place for local cosplayers to meet and share knowledge of Cosplay.
- Iron Cosplay Game – Each participating team will get a basket of supplies, random items, and receive a theme.
- From Scratch – Contestants will create a cosplay from scratch onstage based on the theme in the allotted amount of time.
- Can You Draw Game – Contestants will draw an anime character or a cosplay from memory on stage! It will be a draw off! Flex your artistic abilities!
- SFAF King, Queen and Everything in Between Showcase – The best part of cosplay is to be who you want to be in cosplay.
- Do you even Pose Contest – Participants have 15 seconds to show their posing skills in cosplay with sound effects of their choice. Group entries are allowed.
- Notice Me, Senpai! With Gestures! Game – Senpai, are you noticing your Kohai enough? Kohai, are you being noticed at all? Kohai or student use their gesturing skill to get noticed while Senpai or teacher finally notice what Kohai want from their gestures!
- Brother From The Another Mother Sibling Cosplay Quiz – Bring your sibling cosplay whether it’s the sextuplet, the twins, sisters, or brothers.
- Cosplay Photo Gallery and Workshop – Muze’s Photography and Lenneth XVII x MAKO will bring their new set of photography collection that took 2 years to complete.
- After-Party – SF Anime Festival is hosting an low entry admission after-party featuring special guest REIKA, at Origin SF.
About SF Anime Festival & Cosplay
The Annual SF Anime Festival & Cosplay celebrates Anime and Cosplay in San Francisco’s Japantown. This event is hosted EMW Partners, Inc. and the East and West Japan Center Malls. But we could not do it without our active volunteer leaders, and festival supporters like Hobbyfan.com, Bishonen Boutique and The Creators Guild.